Saturday, March 09, 2013

Theatrical reading, personal experience.

   Theatrical reading is fantastic. I discovered its beauty, when I played the role of (Philoctète) in French language, in the play by the same name by "André Gide" and I got a round of applause for this drama-reading. It was quite a self-discovery on my part. The nice thing too, that it came by chance, and through it, I met new good people.
     It was in the library, that I met a lady librarian who encouraged me to attend. I didn't know or read the play before. I went alone, on time, and met new people, that I didn't know them before. After getting acquainted with them, I asked them to give me the main role which is quite hard. The play is composed of five scenes. It is called (Philoctète) by "André Gide". It is based on a legend written originally by "Sophocles". The role consisted of long monologues versus two other characters. Since long time, many years in fact, I didn't read anything in French, loudly and in front of other people, completely alien to me and in addition to that I have to incarnate the character and play with my voice theatrically. The whole thing was new to me. It was quite an adventure. I succeeded to the acclaim of those brand-new friends. The most important is that I discovered a new hidden talent inside me, that waited so long to get out. I pronounced the French words too with finesse and eloquence, which was astounding to me before them. I got hooked on the experience and sure will continue to attend.
   I was delighted with the role playing. In addition, it was a pleasure to get across new Francophone good new friends. I am sure that one or two of them will be long-time friends.

No comments: